To develop soft skills and leadership among high school students through volunteer work
To "raise" new volunteers for NGOs in community
To network NGOs and develop mentoring and coaching skills of senior members of these NGOs
High school students (14-18 YO) NGOs in community looking for new volunteers
• Workshops for senior NGOs´ members to acquire competencies how to mentor young volunteers (project management, leadership, marketing)
• 6 months long training (over the weekends) courses for high school students,
• The consultation of events/projects of high school students,
• Realization of students´ events/projects (organized by students).
SCHEDULE OF THE WORKSHOPS FOR STUDENTS
KICK OFF – TEAM-BUILDING: 2 days*
1. Use ice-breaking games, team-building activities and a technique that guide participants into the 6 months long program (e.g. Heroes Journey)
2. The Kick off team-building meeting should be obligatory, so nobody would feel left out
3. During the first day the program should be presented – rights and duties of the participants, the schedule of the workshops, the goals and aims of the projects, expectations and fears of both the participants and mentors. The day ends with team-building rituals that connects the whole group.
4. The second day is about building one team – group imagination, group coaching activities etc.
6 months, 12 workshops
Me and my community
what the "community" means, what is voluntary work, what NGOs
already work in the community, discussion about what does community mean to everybody in the group, what is my role in my community.
design thinking as a project building technique.
Team work and personality types
learning to build the team, understanding the personality differences.
roleplays that force the participants to fill other people shoes and understand the positions of many people outside my social bubble.
Time management and priorities management
my priorities define my "free" time.
how to communicate my projects, event, thoughts. Pros and cons of online world.
My own values
coaching session oriented on personality of participants, looking for their own purpose in life, their passions and contributions to the world in 2020 and after.
My own qualities
what the participants discovered over the last 6 months and can contribute to the community.
participants, that meets the conditions set in the beginning receive a diploma and present their work, their fails and success and their projects in front of the community (other high school students, teachers, directors, NGOs´members, heads of local companies)
*The schedule and the workshops is developing and changing a little, mostly after feedback from participants
in the end. We gather their inputs and implement it into next year of program.
**After some feedback and mentoring sessions it seems to be the most important to fill in where the school lacks – preparing the youngsters for the world that is coming (change of the labour market, environmental changes, social changes..)